Please find below the revised list of 28 current Fellows in good standing from among valid WFSF members (including former Presidents, Secretaries-General and Founding Members).
The WFSF Felllowship is an honorary title, and higher status of WFSF membership, that recognises your significant contribution to the field of futures studies and/or the organisation.
The WFSF 2009 Constitution states:
"Members of the Federation may be nominated as Fellows in recognition of their contributions to the field of futures studies and/or to the work of the Federation:
- if they are recognised in the futures studies field as active professionals,
- if they have made an original contribution to the knowledge base of futures studies, and
- if they have been members of the Federation for at least five consecutive years."
Here's how to apply to the Executive Board for recognition as a WFSF Fellow :
You may apply directly yourself, or, if you want to recommend another WFSF member for Fellow status, please contact them and recommend they submit an application with your support. For purposes of becoming a Fellow, representatives of the Institutional Members with five years good standing have the same rights and duties as Individual WFSF Members.
Membership fees for Fellows are the same as for regular members and must be paid each year to retain your Fellow status.
1. A Letter of Application as to why you believe you are a suitable candidate for WFSF Fellowship (and demonstrating how you meet the criteria).
2. A CV demonstrating your "contributions to the field of futures studies and/or to the work of the Federation, if they are recognised in the futures studies field as active professionals, if they have made an original contribution to the knowledge base of futures studies."
3. Names and contact details of two existing WFSF Fellows who support your Application.
4. Evidence that you are a current active WFSF Member and a statement that you have been a WFSF member for at least 5 years.
A working group of three WFSF Executive Board Members will consider all the applications and make a recommendation to the whole Board for approval. The process will take about three weeks.
*DEADLINE FOR 2017 APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 10TH MARCH 2017.*
New Fellows are expected to be announced by the 31st March 2017.
**This list is current as at 24th February 2017 prior to the upcoming "Call for New Fellows".
1. ALONSO-CONCHEIRO, Antonio
MEXICO (President Iberam Chapter)
2. BACKSTRAND, Goran SWEDEN (Secretary-General, 1981-1983)
3. BELL, Wendell USA
4. BESTUZHEV-LADA, Igor RUSSIA (Founding Member, 1967)
5. BEZOLD, Clement USA
6. BISHOP, Peter USA
7. CHEN Kuo-Hua; TAIWAN
8. DATOR Jim USA (Ex President 1990-1993, ex-Secretary General 1983-1990)
9. GALTUNG Johan NORWAY/FRANCE (Founding Member, ex-President 1974-1977)
10. GHABBOUR Samir EGYPT (Founding Member)
11. GIDLEY Jennifer – AUSTRALIA (President)
12. GOUX-BAUDIMENT Fabienne FRANCE (President 2005-2009)
13. INAYATULLAH Sohail AUSTRALIA
14. JONES Christopher Burr USA (ex-Secretary General 2001-2005)
15. KAPOOR Rakesh INDiA (Director 2009-2014)
16. KATO, Hidetoshi, JAPAN (Founding Member, 1967)
17. LLOYD, Bruce UK
18. MALITZA Mircea ROMANIA (Founding Member, 1972)
19. MASINI Eleaonora Barbieri ITALY (President 1981-1990, Secretary-General 1975-1981)
20. MENCKE-GLÜCKERT Peter GERMANY (Secretary-General 1974-1975)
21. METTLER Peter GERMANY
22. MILLER Riel FRANCE
23. NOVÁKY Erzsébet HUNGARY
24. SERRA del PINO Jordi SPAIN
25. SLAUGHTER Richard AUSTRALIA (ex-President 2001-2005)
26. STEVENSON Tony AUSTRALIA (ex-President 1997-2001, ex-Secretary General 1993-1997)
27. VAN STEENBERGEN Bart THE NETHERLANDS (Founding Member)
28. VILLANUEVA Cesar THE PHILIPPINES (ex-Secretary General 1997-2001)